Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Potty training progress

I have to admit that I have been working at this potty training thing half hearted. Miles pees every time that we put him on the potty, but does not always tell us that he needs to go potty. Therefore, there can be many messes to clean up. On Tuesday, we were in Meijer and he pooped while "looking" at a new bike. This was messy AND i did not have a diaper in my purse. So, we bought some new big boy underwear, wipes and headed to the potty after checking out with our purchases. He did a great job for the rest of the day and stayed dry. I was pretty impressed. However, something in me clicked tonight. I knew that he was trying to poop. Sorry, but it is really easy to tell with him. So I told him if he pooped on the potty, I would take him out to get ice cream to celebrate. (Yes, I bribed him,) AND IT WORKED. He did a great job, pooped quickly and we were off. I must have been a little too excited, put him in more big boy underwear and 5 minutes later he also pooped in them.

None the less, we are really excited. We had to make some phone calls to g.g. (who is in Denver, CO) and grandpa herb. Hopefully this will continue down a good path. He will be starting a new pre-school program in the fall and he must be potty trained. I think he can make it

No comments: