Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Today

Well, today was the day, that i thought may never happen. After Miles was diagnosed with his heart defect, everything changed. I was no longer going back to work full time, we did not know when Miles could go to daycare.

Well, today was the day. It went as expected. Drop off was better than expected, no tears from Miles, but there were plenty of tears as I left. When I called, he had cried for most of the morning, but found a new friend, Matilyn (Mattie) that helped him through his day. The only way he would sleep was with his cot lined up next to hers. She is very sweet and protective of him. I know that they will get along great. I picked him up after nap. He was pretty tired and did not even want to go find sister, just "Go home". Those words broke my heart. I hope that next week is better and this gets easier.

I was reminded by a friend that any transition is hard, when you are alone and do not know anyone. But we all make friends and it gets easier. Thanks for reminding me of that. I at least know that he is safe and is slowly warming up and making friends. The best part is the socialization and germs that he will be experiencing.

I am glad that his 1st day is over, the rest will come and be better

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

Congratulations on making it through the first day. I can't believe he's already making such sweet friends.