Sunday, December 13, 2009

the best thing....

Tonight when I was putting Sophia to bed, I asked her what was the best part of the weekend. We had a lot of great stuffing going on this weekend (baking cookies both with dad and G.G., going to a new movie, getting a new puppy, meeting friends for dinner), so I was curious to hear her answer.

I was so happy to hear Sophia say that the best part of her weekend was
"Baking cookies with G.G. and Dad." (I was expecting her to say it was getting the new puppy.)

Luckily for Sophia, she has people in her life that love to bake and cook. I cannot measure or follow directions, therefore, I cannot bake. Sophia is a very lucky girl to have 2 people that love to bake and take the time with her. These are such warm, heart felt memories. She will cherish them forever. Thank you to her baker for teaching her the tricks of the trade.

1 comment:

The Parsons Family said...

I've been meaning to come back and comment!! Things are soo similiar in my house!! I can't bake to save my life!! Ok I can do a boxed cake mix (but does that count when my husband can make homemade pie and cookies and bread?) Isaac has lived in our kitchen, and I'm hoping that this is one skill that he learns from his Dad!! (We won't even discuss the birthday cakes that Steve can create!!)Glad you have a baker of a hubby too!!