Sunday, August 2, 2009

And the little baby bird has left the nest.

I expected that I would say this many years from now. However, it comes tonight. Miles is having a sleepover, without Sophia, without mom and dad. And he is only 2 1/2. How did this happen so soon.

The long story is that Justin had car trouble today, so we had decided to jump his car to take it to the dealer. Grace had come over to stay at the house while Miles took a nap and Justin and Linda took Sophia to gymnastics lessons. Once I got home from work, Justin and I jumped his car and drove it to the dealer. In the meantime, Miles woke up and my dad had also arrived in the BIG BLACK TRUCK to pick up my mom since they were letting Justin take the car to work tomorrow. Miles looked at my dad and said, " can i sleep at your house tonight?"

We were pretty sure that he just wanted to take a ride in the BIG BLACK TRUCK. We offered for him to take a ride and then come back home. He was ADAMANT that he was staying with G.G. and Grandpa Herb. He even went upstairs to get his stuffed monkey and blanket. Mind you that I had only seen him for about 10 minutes. However, he did not care, took my dad's hand and headed out to the truck. He said goodbye to all, and only gave me a hug and kiss.

After all of the traveling that we have been doing this summer and being stuck with Sophia all summer since she is out of school, we figured out that Miles just wanted some alone time, WITHOUT SOPHIA.

Sophia was tearful and quiet after he left, just saying, "I miss Miles"

We expected that they would call once they got home to say he did not want to stay. This did not happen. I called before we went to dinner and he was happily playing and riding his tricycle throughout the house. He was not coming home.

So we went to dinner as planned, then out shopping for some new school clothes. After Sophia realized that this was a good thing, to have the sole attention of Dad, Mom and Grandma Linda, she was much happier. She loved eating out at mexican and going shopping without any brothers in the way.

And so tomorrow, we will see how the night went. This might be a start to something good. Now we need to find a friend for Sophia to go to their house for a sleepover.

No comments: