Thursday, August 28, 2008

Friends and After School

This is Sophia and David. They are neighbors and also in the same full-day kindergarten class. It seems that Sophia and David played pretty much all day together. They even were assigned to the same group table. I am glad that Sophia already knew someone going into kindergarten. She also mentioned that one of her friends, Eli, from kindercare is also in her class. I hope that she meets some girls soon.


Sophia could not stop smiling when we picked her up after school.

I think that she was excited, tired, and a little frustrated that we were taking pictures. She had a great day and we walked home. She did not eat too much of her lunch and promptly finished it when we got home. I think that it will take a few weeks to get her to the point of being able to help me make a good lunch and be able to eat everything that she takes. We asked her, "what was the best part of your day at school?" She said, "playing outside 3 times". "what was the worst part of your day??" She answered, "Thinking, and working on words. It is just exhausting." I hope that she loves school and loves learning. It helps that she loves to read and I think that she will be even more excited when she can read words in new books all by herself.

No comments: