Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
— Dorothy Canfield Fisher

This just seems like the best quote that I have found recently regarding being a mother.

I did not really realize how important mothers day was until I became a mom and also gained a great relationship with my mom. I can think of numerous time I would (and still do) call for advise. Just another idea or looking for support for my idea. Someone to lend an ear, to listen to the frustrations and many joys of being a mother. It is really awesome to watch my mom with Miles and Sophia. To see their relationship grow so quickly and strong is wonderful. I do not remember having a great relationship with my grandmothers, so I value the relationship that Miles and Sophia can have with their grandmothers.

Miles heart defect and hospitalization brought my mom very close. Even at 29 years old, she did not want to see her daughter hurt and wanted to take away the pain. I assume that this is a common feeling of a mother. She continues daily to make the leaning unnecessary.

Mom, thank you for all that you do. I have learned so much from you and need your help daily.

Love always,
your daughter

1 comment:

jesse said...

Happy Mother's Day Riann!!! Happy Mother's Day to Grace as well!! Hope you both have a special day!!!!